Cloakfish is an expert in the areas of online privacy and Internet security. We offer you the information and services you need to protect your privacy.
We give you the information why you should protect your online privacy, how you can protect yourself and insight in modern techniques to reveal your identity.
Use our services and information for your profit and privacy:
- Get started immediately, your license will be active minutes after your payment
- cutting edge SEO, register and use unlimited web 2.0 accounts anonymously
- avoid censorship by your government or employer
- protect your personal privacy through encrypted transfers
- Use the power of more than 25,000 different IPs monthly, true untraceable anonymity
- Check out our Features section to see why Cloakfish can not really be compared with any VPN or similar offer
now, look at our low introduction license prices
starting at just one Dollar.
Not convinced yet ?
Choose your new online identity from a realtime list containing hundreds of working IPs sorted by countries, regions and cities
Appear as Cable or DSL user from San Jose, New York, Berlin, Beijing or another city of your choice.
Easy use: Change your identity(IP-Address) by the click of your mouse button !
Use the new auto-rotation
feature to optimize your proxy route and gain high performance
and low latency
And the best of all ? Compared to competition we are cheap and through Cloakfish your identity can not be traced back by any authority
What your IP and browser reveal about you
Every browser sends out a long list of hidden information about your computer, your browsing behavior and your identity to every webserver you visit.
Besides your IP address, that identifies you in real life, the browser sends cookies, information about your location, program versions and where you came from.
Even if you use a HTTP proxy, or a so called "Elite Proxy" to hide your true identity a lot of information is still passed, even your real IP can be included.
Some information we obtained from your visit:
- You are possibly using a web-proxy at 22.214.171.124 (United States, VA, Ashburn)
- Your primary language is english
How can your IP address and the browser variables be (ab)used ?
There are unlimited different uses of your submitted browser and provider data. It can be used by websites to remember passwords and keep a transparent "login session" or to restrict your freedom and privacy.
Cookies are small files that can be stored on your harddisk by websites. By definition a cookie can only be read by the same website (domain), in practice there are various ways
to read foreign cookies. The specialty of a cookie is that it stores information for a long time, even restarting your computer will not remove these files. As cookies can be easily used to identify
your browser at a later visit they are a popular way to restrict or detect duplicate account creations on various websites or keep track of your search queries.
Accept Language is a value sent by your browser (HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE), it is the favored way to detect your primary language. This setting is frequently used by websites to change the text language and apply
the proper legal censoring (found in all the popular search engines).
User Agent is sent by your browser or Email-reader to identify the browser/reader. This information is applied to give the server the possibility to supply content that can be read by your application.
In practice this is mainly used to obtain more information about you, even if you remove all cookies the User Agent will stay the same and identifies you.
User Agent example: "Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20"
Proxy Variables are usually added by a http proxy. A Proxy means that your data connection is forwarded through another external "proxy server" to increase your anonymity. A transparent (invisible) proxy is sometimes
sneaked into your connection by Internet providers to log information about your online activities or to reduce traffic. Also police investigations often use a transparent proxy to log anything you do.
Because a proxy is between your computer and the destination computer, the destination webserver will only see the proxy IP address, not yours. Most proxies add hidden variables that contain your true IP address.
Proxies that hide these variables are often called "Elite Proxies".
IP Address is like a mailing address. The IP is a unique address that only exists one time in the Internet and routes directly to your computer. It is very easy to find your vague physical location through your IP.
Most providers give a new IP address whenever the modem/dsl-router is dialing in, many providers force a disconnect daily to change your ip.
Authorities and the staff at your Internet provider (ISP) are able to identify the Internet account owners name easily through the IP address. Most state laws enforce providers to store the IP information for many months to be able
to identify you at any time based on logs. The IP address is often used to block your access to web services. As example several "download providers" offer one free download per day, this is enforced by using cookies and your IP.
Methods to be anonymous and to protect your privacy
means that your online activities cannot be tracked. It is often to your interest that no one knows what entertainment you like, what political party you prefer or whatever else you do online.
Privacy usually applies to the begin of a "route", the destination already knows what you are doing. There are uncountable ways to break your privacy. Most of them can be countered by data encryption.
applies to the end of a "route", the owner of a website or webservice can have various interests to identify you. This can be countered by an obfuscated IP through our proxy service.
Here is an overview of the different methods to proxy:
Cloakfish: Our tool uses the power of existing anonymity networks by modified software and intelligent controlling.
A powerful server is constantly monitoring the anonymity networks, removing bad and slow nodes and maintaining a well sorted database.
The intelligent Cloakfish controller is very easy to operate and allows you to select proxies based on their country, host, ip or bandwidth.
An anonymity setting allows you to reduce or increase your anonymity for a selected proxy to reach very high speed or decrease speed in favor of obfuscation. Even the lowest anonymity includes strong encryption and cannot be compared to usual proxies online.
You can select from 4 different modes offering highest speed or lower speed at even higher security than anonymity networks can offer.
The monthly fee guarantees a specified amount of available proxies at any time, and is used to keep the backend server running and to develop the software for even better performance and usability.
- : The most common used proxy type and the most dangerous one. Open proxies are usually so called "HTTP proxies" or "SOCKS proxies", there are ten thousands such proxies online.
You need to configure your browser or Internet application to use a proxy by setting its IP and port, all browser requests will be tunneled through this proxy.
Depending on the proxy configuration your IP will be added as hidden server variable as described above, proxies omitting these variables are often called "Elite proxy".
A normal open proxy will not add anything to your anonymity or privacy, it will only add risks and usually slows down your Internet connection.
An anonymous "Elite Proxy" will hide your true identity from the destination website, but there are risks that make the use of such a proxy dangerous:
If you still plan to use or test open/public proxies for your project a well known service is proxycollective.com.
- Open proxies are often operated by criminals or researchers, or are under investigation by police or other authorities.
- Because of their open nature thousands of people use these services, they watch child porn or distribute illegal content and draw attention that can also bring your activities to unwelcome focus.
- Criminals monitor these proxies and log passwords and logs, or inject Trojans and other malware into your traffic.
- Many SEO techniques require a lot of different IPs because of that open proxies are popular but the dangers are not worth it.
- Open proxies are either wrong configured proxies, infected computers or honeypots (a honeypot is a monitored service or server for criminal or research purposes)
- The connection is not encrypted, the user's privacy is not protected
Web proxies: Web based proxies are easy to use, popular and nearly as dangerous as open proxies, but most are legal at least.
Thousands of websites offer a form to enter an URL, they forward the content of the url and replace the links to link back to the web-proxy, they also replace images and other objects with own parts.
They are often operated to display advertisements to the users and include most of the risks and downsides of an open proxy including the problem that monitoring such a service is even easier.
Anonymity networks: Such networks have a high anonymity as preference and usually implement strong encryption as well obfuscated IPs. These services are called "onion routing" because of their multiple layers of obfuscation.
They are often built like a typical pear-to-pear network including the main downside: they are very slow!
They offer high privacy and high anonymity but most times they are too slow to be really used. Usually they are mainly used to avoid censorship from the own government.
- They are slow, the high anonymity requires random paths and the use of slow proxies
- They change your IP randomly, breaking active sessions and alerting website administrators or automated tools
- You have to learn and read a lot to configure and use these tools correctly
- Also a few of these nodes are monitored, this is always a risk. But most of them can be considered clean
- : There are several proxy providers that are selling accounts based on a monthly fee, often including bandwidth regulations. Such services can be considered
more secure than open proxies also they can be fast (depending on your route to the proxy provider and their uplink).
If you require unshared IPs take a look at seo-proxies.com, this is a private proxy server which also provides larger quantities of IPs.
- They are usually monitored, this depends on the provider and the other customers
- They are not encrypted, so your privacy is not protected
- They do not offer many different IPs, even if they offer more than one they share the same subnets rendering them worthless
- Some private proxy providers are known to use hacked computers (so called botnets) to provide a large amount of proxies. The use can be dangerous.
- Untrusted private proxy providers often give out the IPs to multiple customers, also high abuse rates usually make the IPs worthless for many jobs as they become blacklisted, only very few services can be trusted.